12/30/08

15 days and counting....

I am going INSANE.

If I tried to run, I probably could. But at what cost? pain all season? half-ass running all year? possibly causing more damage....

The heel is better, but the pain is still lingering. I have been going through my usual internal battle between good and evil - good being to rest it more and evil being that drive to train thru the pain.

Last week, I swam 34,000 yards. I have not swum (is that a word?) that much since i was a teenager. It felt great to swim that much - i felt strong all week - and i dropped a few pounds too(?)!! but I'm not sure I want to do that again! but maybe i will....

so anyway, that's where I am. swim and bike....swim and bike.....swim and bike.....

later

2 comments:

Eileen Swanson said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Damie said...

ughh...sitting out from running is the worst, I think. I am really impressed by your swim week! I think 14,000 is my longest...maybe that is the problem. :) stay smart- you are inherently doing the right thing, even if it stinks.