11/5/12

Smoothie Love


I have promised to post my recipies for my smoothies for a while now, so here goes.

I have searched the internet over to find other blogs with smoothie recipies, so I cannot claim that I came up with the basics on my own. I can say however, that I have added some stuff and tweaked the recipies I have found and have made some awesome concoctions that I crave nearly every day!  And the best part?  They satisfy my sweet tooth so I resist the urge to get into any cookies or ice cream I crave from time to time!

The first step is to get a good blender.  I for one have a Braun Food Processer with a smaller glass mixer attachment that is nearly 20 years old and I can tell you it is BY FAR the best blending apparatus I have found.  I have tried the ninja (all hype) and other normal blenders and the consistancy and ease of blending is not as good.  BUT, it will do if that is all you have.  I have heard the VITAMIX is pretty awesome, but I don't have one, so I can't say for sure.

I have made my smoothies so thick that they resemble a near ice cream or thick yogurt consistancy, so I eat them with a spoon.  This is where the Braun works so well.  Blenders have a hard time getting it so thick...

BLUEBERRY BANANA SMOOTHIE

easily 2 servings, unless you are like me and are a volume eater!

1 Scoop (about 1/3 cup) Vanilla OPTIPRO Protein Powder
1 cup frozen blueberries
1 frozen banana cut into 2 inch pieces
 
1 scoop Bioactive L-Glutamine powder from The Nutrition Company
1/2 t physillum husk powder
1/2 cup (add more later if u like) unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
add water to reach desired consistency - but carefly not to add too much if you like it thick!

Blend for a minute or so.

add 1/4 t chia seed that have soaked in about 1/8c water for a few minutes.

Blend.

Add any sweetener you prefer if any at all.  I dont think it needs it personally.
Add small amounts od Xanthum and Guar Gums if you would like a thicker consistancy.



No comments: