12/19/07

Catching up

Ok, so it's been a while. I never imagined I'd be so busy in the off-season this year! and I haven't even done half the stuff I intended to do! The last few weeks have been very busy as I have been working to not only get my website up, but also start a Louisiana Triathlon website hopefully to be used as a resource for anyone looking to visit and race or train in our state. It is something the triathlon community desperately needs around here, and I think it's a great opportunity for me to give back to a sport that has given me so much.
Now, for those of you who know me, you probably know this website stuff is WAY over my head, so thanks to the connection of a dear friend and big supporter, I have been working with a company out of Baton Rouge called MODIPHY, and they have been an awesome resource (check them out!). So, please contine to check up on my blog as I vow to update it more regularly, and look for new things to come on my website www.csmithrace.com.
The training has been going OK. I'm struggling a bit with getting it all in through the holidays, but that's to be expected with all the extra stuff going on. I continue to get in most of my key workouts, but have been having a pain in my knee the last couple of days so I decided to not run at all today and tomorrow and see how it feels. I will be visiting Mike Aldridge(my massage guru who cures all my pains) today for a little work - and hopefully it will disappear. Thus far in my triathlon career, I have been very fortunate with respect to injuries, and I plan to continue the streak. When I get little aches and pains like this, I am careful not to run through it, and rest whatever it is until it's back to normal. As for me, I believe that this is the key to keeping a little pain from turning into something big and bad!!! So for now, all is good and I will use these days to rest, recover, and swim a little extra!

No comments: