12/28/07

Iced Christmas

Ryan and I headed to Missouri for Christmas to visit his family and friends. The morning before we left for our 11 hour road trip, I found out that I have been selected for sponsorship by ZOOT SPORTS in 2008. I am so excited to hear about this opportunity as Zoot is an awesome company providing triathletes with the highest quality in racing gear from start to finish. It will be a real treat to race on their triathlon team and represent them throughout 2008 - and hopefully into the future!

So after hearing the good news saturday morning, we headed out the door and drove north till the temperature dropped to about 28 degrees (it was 70 degrees when we left my home) and the wintery mix started all around us. And that's when we knew we were there! I dont know what it is, but whenever we go up there, it's freezing!! For the longest time, Ryan told me the weather in southwest Missouri was mild - averaging about 10 degrees below our temps here in Mandeville. I took that for truth...and that's the big joke!!! Last year, we went up for a few months after Christmas, and they had an ice storm. We had no power for like a week or something and, well, it was a mess. I've been thru many hurricanes, and the aftermath of Katrina(no power for weeks, no phone or cable for 3 months), and it was no fun. But there has never been the added factor of freezing to death in the midst of a hurricane! It was 0 degrees with no power up there.....and when all that passed, it snowed the rest of the time we were there!! hmmmm.....whatever happened to global warming? ha! so that was last year.....
This year there was no ice storm, but there was ice and snow and plenty of coldness, and we poked fun at the fact that this weather comes in as soon as we visit. We had a great Christmas with his mom and family, and headed home yesterday after I had a day of shopping in Springfield. Back to the warm and muggies - it was 65 this morning when I ran...

No comments: