2/26/09

Back in the saddle again....

Things are lookin' up!
Last week, I took a road trip to Misourri with Ryan since my training was taking a backseat to my breathing anyway - and we needed the time together. We had a good time and it was nice to get out of the pollen here in louisiana and head to the barren midwest where nothing is blooming - yet. we got up there thursday - so I took to the hills on the bike on friday and had a great ride. it was a little tough to get going fast and hard, but it felt great to be out in the country air and climb some hills I dont get to back home unless i drive for over an hour and a half.
Saturday, I took to the run - long and easy (easy seeming to be the theme as of late - BUT easy is better than not at all!!!) and made it - barely. it was tough, but i was glad to have been able to do it at all and it seemed to help me get rid of some of the gradu still taking up residence in my lungs. the weekend went by in a jiff and we were back home sunday night - and i swear as soon as we crossed the border into louisiana, my sinus began to clog again. interesting.
we got home just in time for me to take a few more days off before i could hit any real training again as the fatigue was still following me - and i was going thru a dip as far as excitement for the sport was concerned. this happens a lot to me when i get sick and i am forced to take time off against my will! after about a week, i begin to get bummed and feel like i'm missing my mark and falling behind of everyone else. it drives me NUTS! but the timing worked out well anyway since tuesday was mardi gras!!! needless to say, i hit the streets in new orleans for the day!
so it was back to training oficially on wednesday - and VOILA! I feel great! just when i get a little down on myself, the break does me some good! I had a great training day yesterday and a solid brick this morning and my swimming feels awesome. man i missed that soreness that comes after a hard training session. I love this drug....yeah endorphins!

1 comment:

Eileen Swanson said...

Hang in there, get well soon!! I'm sick now too, UGH!! Take care of yourself!!